- What is a Smile Makeover and is it Right for You?on July 28, 2022 at 8:20 am
Having a beautiful smile is a powerful boost to self-confidence — and can open doors in many aspects of your life! But the bright, perfect “movie star” smile that’s so desirable can’t always be achieved by best oral health practices alone. Fortunately, a smile makeover is designed to give you what nature didn’t — or… The post What is a Smile Makeover and is it Right for You? appeared first on24/7 Local Dentist.
- How to Choose a Dentiston July 19, 2022 at 11:26 am
Choosing a healthcare provider is an important decision. Finding a professional worthy of your trust to treat and prevent illness — perhaps not only for yourself but also for your family — is a task to take seriously, rather than left to chance. Our team at NK Family Dental always emphasizes that dental health is… The post How to Choose a Dentist appeared first on 24/7 Local Dentist
- Is Mouthwash Necessary?on June 21, 2022 at 9:35 am
A clean taste in your mouth, fresh breath and an extra defense against the bacteria that cause plaque buildup and gum disease are among the main benefits that mouthwash delivers. But is it really a necessary part of your daily oral hygiene routine, or do you just believe it is thanks to successful marketing by… The post Is Mouthwash Necessary? appeared first on 24/7 Local Dentist
- Fluoride: Myths and Factson June 9, 2022 at 5:17 am
In 1945, Grand Rapids, MI, became the first community in the world to add fluoride to the municipal water supply in order to help prevent tooth decay. When subsequent studies showed a significantly lower rate of cavities in schoolchildren, water fluoridation spread to other towns and cities — including Chicago. The Centers for Disease Control… The post Fluoride: Myths and Facts appeared first on 24/7 Local Dentist
- What To Look For In A Toothpasteon May 23, 2022 at 6:44 am
Does the toothpaste aisle in your supermarket seem daunting to you? Not only are numerous brands available, but toothpaste (known in the dental profession as dentifrices) is formulated to serve a wide variety of needs. Some promote their whitening ability, others are intended to prevent tartar build-up, and so on. But which type is right… The post What To Look For In A Toothpaste appeared first on 24/7 Local Dentist
- How to Fight Sugar Cravingson May 16, 2022 at 6:54 am
Whether it’s in your morning coffee, doughnut, or sprinkled on your favorite cereal for that extra sweetness, sugar is the way many people start their day. Yet what we know as sugar is actually refined sugar. Also called processed sugar, it’s extracted from the sugar cane or sugar beet plant and chemically processed to remove… The post How to Fight Sugar Cravings appeared first on 24/7 Local Dentist
- Are Energy Drinks Ruining Your Teeth?on April 27, 2022 at 5:00 am
Many people depend on energy drinks to power them through their demanding day. Although popular for their ability to enhance energy levels, physical alertness and performance, energy drinks have come under scrutiny for their adverse effects on health when consumed in excess. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the potential dangers… The post Are Energy Drinks Ruining Your Teeth? appeared first on 24/7 Local Dentist
- April is Oral Cancer Awareness Monthon April 18, 2022 at 3:51 am
Our most typical concerns about oral health focus on tooth decay and periodontal issues. However, oral cancer is an insidious disease that the American Cancer Society estimates will claim over 11,000 lives this year, and produce about 54,000 new cases diagnosed. April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month – a time when dental professionals call attention… The post April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month appeared first on 24/7 Local Dentist
- Gum Disease What You Need To Knowon April 4, 2022 at 1:07 pm
Gum Disease What You Need To Know
- Crest Dental Hygiene Topicson April 4, 2022 at 1:03 pm
Crest Dental Hygiene Topics
- Urgent Dental Service Closure Piles More Pressure In Londonon April 4, 2022 at 12:52 pm
Urgent Dental Service Closure Piles More Pressure In London
- Pain During Your Dental Visiton April 4, 2022 at 12:10 pm
Pain During Your Dental Visit
- Find The Best Electric Toothbrushon April 4, 2022 at 10:46 am
Find The Best Electric Toothbrush
- Pain from a Dental Emergency? Read The 7 Most Common Dental Emergencies and What to doon April 4, 2022 at 10:36 am
Pain from a Dental Emergency? Read The 7 Most Common Dental Emergencies and What to do
- Emergency Dental Care Available-St. John’s Hospital Springfield Illinoison April 4, 2022 at 10:25 am
Emergency Dental Care Available-St. John’s Hospital Springfield Illinois
- My Airplane Just Landed, and I Need an Emergency Dentist!on April 4, 2022 at 10:21 am
My Airplane Just Landed, and I Need an Emergency Dentist!
- Make Us Your New Contact and Alleviate Stress and Worryon April 4, 2022 at 8:53 am
Make Us Your New Contact and Alleviate Stress and Worry
- 5 Ways to Avoid Dental Emergencies When Travelingon April 4, 2022 at 8:43 am
5 Ways to Avoid Dental Emergencies When Traveling
- Ohio State offers incentive to dental students to work in underserved areason April 3, 2022 at 3:44 pm
Ohio State offers incentive to dental students to work in underserved areas
- New clinics hope to curb ER visits for dental emergencieson April 3, 2022 at 3:37 pm
New clinics hope to curb ER visits for dental emergencies
- Are there natural ways to prevent cavities?on April 3, 2022 at 3:31 pm
Are there natural ways to prevent cavities?
- Patient selection: Instincts, courage and healthy relationshipson April 3, 2022 at 2:05 pm
Patient selection: Instincts, courage and healthy relationships
- The gray area of charcoal toothpaste. Does it work? Should you use it?on April 3, 2022 at 1:59 pm
The gray area of charcoal toothpaste. Does it work? Should you use it?
- How Do You Get Candida Infections and How Are They Treated?on April 3, 2022 at 1:53 pm
How Do You Get Candida Infections and How Are They Treated?
- Home Whitening vs In-Office Whiteningon April 3, 2022 at 1:39 pm
Home Whitening vs In-Office Whitening
- Dentistry for the New Mom and Dadon April 3, 2022 at 1:32 pm
Dentistry for the New Mom and Dad
- Too much whitening may damage teeth, new study findson April 3, 2022 at 1:12 pm
Too much whitening may damage teeth, new study finds
- Numb Tongue and Other Worrying Sensations Following Dental Procedureson April 3, 2022 at 1:06 pm
Numb Tongue and Other Worrying Sensations Following Dental Procedures
- Oral Health and Your Growing Childon April 1, 2022 at 5:37 pm
Oral Health and Your Growing Child
- The Top 3 Surprising Reasons Why Straight Teeth Matteron April 1, 2022 at 4:48 pm
The Top 3 Surprising Reasons Why Straight Teeth Matter
- Tooth Pain: Common Causes and Preventionon April 1, 2022 at 4:40 pm
Tooth Pain: Common Causes and Prevention
- Dentist vs. Orthodontist for Braces – Which one is Betteron April 1, 2022 at 4:25 pm
Dentist vs. Orthodontist for Braces – Which one is Better
- Do I Really Need X-rays Every Year?on April 1, 2022 at 4:16 pm
Do I Really Need X-rays Every Year?
- Is Dental Insurance Worth It?on April 1, 2022 at 4:02 pm
Is Dental Insurance Worth It?
- Why Does My Dentist Take My Blood Pressure?on April 1, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Why Does My Dentist Take My Blood Pressure?
- 5 Tooth Replacement Options Your Dentist May Recommendon April 1, 2022 at 2:38 pm
5 Tooth Replacement Options Your Dentist May Recommend
- 13 Top Dental Trends for 2020on April 1, 2022 at 1:37 pm
13 Top Dental Trends for 2020
- Baby Bottle Tooth Decay: Causes, Symptoms, and Preventionon April 1, 2022 at 1:26 pm
Baby Bottle Tooth Decay: Causes, Symptoms, and Prevention
- How to Pack a Mouth-Healthy Lunch for Your Childon April 1, 2022 at 1:11 pm
Mouth-Healthy Lunch Foods that are good for teeth: Cheese. For most of us Wisconsinites, it’s a relief to hear that cheese is good for our teeth. Cheese raises the pH in our mouths and lowers the risk of tooth decay. It’s thought that the chewing required to eat cheese increases saliva in the mouth. Cheese also contains calcium and protein, which are nutrients that strengthen tooth enamel. This makes cheese a delicious snack and a great way to end meals, as it can protect your teeth until you brush at bedtime. Yogurt. Like cheese, yogurt is rich in calcium and protein, making it a great team player in strengthening and contributing to the overall health of your teeth. The probiotics are good bacteria that benefit your gums. This occurs because the good bacteria crowd out the bacteria that lead to cavities. If you choose to substitute yogurt for other snacks, make sure you’re picking a healthy yogurt that is plain with no added or artificial sugars. Leafy Greens. Least surprising, leafy greens normally make their way on to every healthy food list. They’re chock-full of vitamins and minerals while being low in calories. Kale and spinach also contribute to great oral health. They’re high in calcium, which builds your teeth’s enamel. If you have trouble getting leafy greens into your or your child’s diet, add a handful of baby spinach to your next salad or throw some kale on a pizza. You can also try adding some greens to a smoothie, with fresh berries or other fruit. Apples. The ADA recommends staying away from sugars as a rule of thumb, but there are exceptions. In this case, fruits, like apples, may contain natural sugars but they also have water and fiber. The fibrous texture of the apple stimulates the gum tissue, which helps in protecting the mouth. Eating apples also cause saliva production, which washes away food particles and bacteria naturally. Apples cannot replace the effect of brushing your teeth, but it can tide you over until you get home or are able to brush your teeth next. Consider using apples to clean your mouth following a meal. Carrots. Like apples, carrots are crunchy and full of fiber, which contributes to saliva production and, in turn, washes away harmful bacteria and decreasing your risk of cavities. You can include carrots as a healthy snack, and kids can munch on them plain or with dip. Celery. Celery is often considered bland, watery, or even critiqued for the fibrous strings, but it’s these things that make celery so good for teeth. Like apples and carrots, celery scrubs away bacteria, reducing the risk of cavities and decay. Almonds. Almonds are good for your teeth because they’re a great source of calcium and protein while being low in sugar. If you include a quarter cup of almonds in your or your child’s lunch, you can work to prevent cavities and strengthen teeth. If you don’t enjoy almonds on their own, you can add a handful to a salad or incorporate them in a stir-fry. The foods that are good for your teeth are also great for your over… Resource
- At-Home Teeth Whiteningon April 1, 2022 at 1:02 pm
At-Home Teeth Whitening
- What Is Periodontitis?on April 1, 2022 at 12:54 pm
What Is Periodontitis?
- How Can I Have My Chipped Tooth Fixed?on April 1, 2022 at 12:38 pm
How Can I Have My Chipped Tooth Fixed?
- I Need a Cavity Filling. How Long Will My Filling Last?on April 1, 2022 at 5:24 am
I Need a Cavity Filling. How Long Will My Filling Last?
- How to Tell If You Have Gingivitison April 1, 2022 at 5:16 am
How to Tell If You Have Gingivitis
- What Causes Gum Recession?on March 31, 2022 at 5:31 pm
What Causes Gum Recession?
- How to Remove Plaque from Teeth Correctlyon March 31, 2022 at 4:47 pm
How to Remove Plaque from Teeth Correctly
- Understanding Dental Implants and Dentureson March 31, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Understanding Dental Implants and Dentures
- What Are My Dental Bonding Options?on March 31, 2022 at 4:26 pm
What Are My Dental Bonding Options?
- What Is Soft Tissue Injury in Dentistry?on March 31, 2022 at 3:36 pm
What Is Soft Tissue Injury in Dentistry?
- Increase of Bruxism Linked to Stress Caused by COVID-19by [email protected] (Kabbo Mondal) on March 31, 2022 at 12:58 pm
Increase of Bruxism Linked to Stress Caused by COVID-19